- Verizon is closing in on a deal to buy Yahoo’s core business for about $5 billion.
- The value of the deal is reportedly around $5 billion for the core parts of Yahoo.
- Verizon communications ready to pay around $5 billion for yahoo's core business in search, email, advertising and media.
- The $3 billion offer Verizon is expected to make next second bid is lower than the $4 billion to $8 billion bids that Yahoo’s Internet business, which includes its news sites and ad business.
25th July 2016:
- Yahoo agreed to sell its core operating business to Verizon for $4.8 billion on today morning.
- US internet firm Yahoo is being acquired by American telecom's giant Verizon Communications for $4.8 billion.
- "I love Yahoo, and I believe in all of you," Mayer said in a statement. "It’s important to me to see Yahoo into its next chapter."
- Here Is Marissa Mayer's Final Letter To Yahoo Employees
- 1994 Yahoo - which stands for Yet Another Hierarchically Organized Oracle - is founded
- 2000 Yahoo valued at $125bn at height of dot.com boom
- 2002 Google rejects a $3bn bid from Yahoo
- 2008 Microsoft's $44.6bn offer for Yahoo is turned down
- 2013 Blogging site Tumblr acquired by Yahoo for $1.1bn
- 2015 Yahoo makes net loss of $4.4bn
- 2016 Verizon agrees $4.8bn deal to buy Yahoo
What happened to Yahoo?
- On 18th July yahoo posted a deep loss which explains the challenges facing a potential acquirer of the shrinking internet business.
- Yahoo loosing its visitors day by day if we observe internet search visitors statistics.
Loosing visitors :
- Yahoo value lies in its users. But now it is loosing visitors and no more competition to google and Facebook. Yahoo losts its competitive edge
- Analysis of the statistics from last decade shows how yahoo loosing its advertising revenue and search traffic.
- Yahoo search engine share decreased from 42% to 12%.
- Revenue share dropped from 25% to 3%.
The Company is Shrinking:
- In 2015 its $4.4 loss in annual net income.
- Yahoo hired Marissa mayer from google to get some positive results but she but it became largely unsuccessful.
- Yahoo fired key people also resigned some key people because of pressure from share holders.
- The company has sixth decline in last seven periods.
So Its Verizon Yahoo !
- SunTrust analyst Robert Peck recently estimated that Verizon would lay off upwards of 40% of Yahoo’s 10,000 full-time employees (in order to save roughly $2 billion).
- “Google has access to me on my mobile phone but is kind of missing the cable box and internet access data that Verizon has,” said Shar VanBoskirk, a digital marketing analyst at the research firm Forrester.