Disadvantages of array in java
- Arrays are Strongly Typed.
- Arrays does not have add or remove methods.
- We need to mention the size of the array. Fixed length.
- So there is a chance of memory wastage.
- To delete an element in an array we need to traverse through out the array so this will reduce performance.
- Arrays have a fixed size, which means that their size cannot be changed once they are created. This can be a disadvantage when working with dynamic data sets that need to grow or shrink in size.
- Arrays are not suitable for storing large numbers of different types of elements, it is best used when the data is of a single type.
- Insertion and deletion operations on arrays can be slow, as they require shifting elements to make room for new elements or close the gap left by deleted elements.
- Accessing an element in an array can be slow if the array is large, and the index of the element is not known in advance.
Advantages of arrays:
- We can access any element randomly by using indexes provided by arrays.
- Primitive type to wrapper classes object conversion will not happen so it is fast.
- Array can store many number of elements at a time.
- Arrays have a fixed size, which means that their size cannot be changed once they are created. This can make it easier to manage memory usage and avoid runtime errors caused by dynamic memory allocation.
- Arrays are relatively fast and efficient. They have a constant time complexity for basic operations such as accessing and updating elements, which makes them suitable for large data sets.
- Arrays are easy to understand and use, and they are supported by many built-in methods in the Java API, such as Arrays.sort(), Arrays.binarySearch(), and Arrays.toString().
Java interview programs on arrays:
- Check below for some of the interesting java interview programs on arrays.
Five different ways to print arrays in java:
- Here is the all possible ways of printing arrays in java.
- 5 Different ways to print arrays in java
Creating array of objects in java:
- We can create array of objects in java.
- Check out this interesting article about array of objects in java computer programming.
- Creating array of objects in java example program
Java program to find missing numbers in an array:
- We can find missing numbers in java array lets see the below example program.
- Java Program to find missing numbers in an array
Find second highest number in java arrays:
- Check this below post about how to find second highest number in an array.
- Find second highest number in an integer Array
Convert arrayList to array:
Copy all elements of hash set to Object array: